Welcome to the Buffalo Funds!
We are a family of 10 actively-managed, no-load mutual funds, which provide a variety of long-term investment options for shareholders. We believe patient investing, backed by solid, intelligent research, can be the best way to achieve long-term financial rewards.
The Buffalo Funds are distinguished by our:
- Long-term investment strategy
- Team-based, idea-sharing management style
- Top-down/bottom-up philosophy, driven by internally generated research and a strict valuation discipline
- Midwest headquarters, far from the noise and distraction of coastal markets
- Commitment to finding what we consider to be premier companies whose securities hold the potential to provide attractive returns at competitive prices
(While the funds are no-load, management and other expenses still apply. Please refer to the prospectus for further details.)
What sets us apart?
We encourage in-person meetings with our teams, which provides the opportunity to meet with our portfolio managers and research analysts, to learn more about our investment strategies and fulfill any due diligence obligations you may have.
Resources for Financial Professionals
Please note: Registration may be required to access certain information on our website intended only for registered professionals. This material should not be shared with the general public.
Inv / Inst
|DISCOVERY||BUFTX / BUITX|
|DIVIDEND FOCUS||BUFDX / BUIDX|
|EARLY STAGE GROWTH*||BUFOX / BUIOX|
|FLEXIBLE INCOME||BUFBX / BUIBX|
|GROWTH||BUFGX / BIIGX|
|HIGH YIELD||BUFHX / BUIHX|
|INTERNATIONAL||BUFIX / BUIIX|
|LARGE CAP||BUFEX / BUIEX|
|MID CAP||BUFMX / BUIMX|
|SMALL CAP||BUFSX / BUISX|
The following documents apply to all Buffalo Funds:
White Papers & Research
- International Equities -- The New Market Leaders? - February 2019
- Market Sentiment vs. Fundamentals - February 2019
- The Case for Investing Internationally - November 2018
- 3 Conversations During Market Volatility - June 2018
- Beyond Better Days for Active Management - April 2018
- Trump Tariffs & the Current State of International Markets - March 2018
- Potential Advantages of Boutique Investment Firms Managing Mutual Fund Portfolios - December 2017
Advisor Practice Building
- How to Ask for Referrals the Right Way - March 13, 2019
- Finding Your Voice: What Separates You From Other Advisors - February 13, 2019
Bob Male, Buffalo Small Cap co-portfolio manager, discusses his team’s trend-spotting and portfolio-building strategies that help the Fund find small companies with the potential to grow into large ones.
Craig Richard, Buffalo Early Stage Growth Fund co-portfolio manager, was recently interviewed by The Wall Street Transcript where he discusses IPOs and being overweight in the technology sector. He also shares his thoughts on investing in early stage growth companies, highlighting several examples of companies in the Fund’s portfolio.
Ken Laudan, Buffalo Large Cap Fund portfolio manager, was recently interviewed by Investor’s Business Daily where he discusses industry trends that help identify opportunities with the potential for market outperformance.
Seven Buffalo Funds were named to Investor’s Business Daily Best Mutual Funds 2021 list, including the Best U.S. Diversified, Growth, Large Cap, Mid Cap, Small Cap, International, and U.S. Taxable Bond Fund categories.
Diversification does not assure a profit, nor does it protect against a loss in a declining market.
Active investing has higher management fees because of the manager’s increased level of involvement while passive investing has lower management and operating fees. Investing in both actively and passively managed mutual funds involves risk and principal loss is possible. Both actively and passively managed mutual funds generally have daily liquidity. There are no guarantees regarding the performance of actively and passively managed mutual funds. Actively managed mutual funds may have higher portfolio turnover than passively managed funds. Excessive turnover can limit returns and can incur capital gains.
We get to know the companies we invest in and learn how they run their business.
Top-Down & Bottom-Up
We identify Top-Down broad, secular growth trends and search for companies from the Bottom-Up.
We construct our portfolios based on our own proprietary investment strategy.
Sticking to our disciplined investment strategy ensures we maintain a consistent, balanced approach.
Sign Up for Automatic Updates
Stay up-to-date with the most recent media coverage and press releases about the Buffalo Funds.