Welcome to the Buffalo Funds!
We are a family of 10 actively-managed, no-load mutual funds, which provide a variety of long-term investment options for shareholders. We believe patient investing, backed by solid, intelligent research, can be the best way to achieve long-term financial rewards.
The Buffalo Funds are distinguished by our:
- Long-term investment strategy
- Team-based, idea-sharing management style
- Top-down/bottom-up philosophy, driven by internally generated research and a strict valuation discipline
- Midwest headquarters, far from the noise and distraction of coastal markets
- Commitment to finding what we consider to be premier companies whose securities hold the potential to provide attractive returns at competitive prices
(While the funds are no-load, management and other expenses still apply. Please refer to the prospectus for further details.)
What sets us apart?
We encourage in-person meetings with our teams, which provides the opportunity to meet with our portfolio managers and research analysts, to learn more about our investment strategies and fulfill any due diligence obligations you may have.
Resources for Financial Professionals
Please note: Registration may be required to access certain information on our website intended only for registered professionals. This material should not be shared with the general public.
The following documents apply to all Buffalo Funds:
White Papers & Research
- 3 Conversations During Market Volatility - June 2018
- Beyond Better Days for Active Management - April 2018
- Trump Tariffs & the Current State of International Markets - March 2018
- Potential Advantages of Boutique Investment Firms Managing Mutual Fund Portfolios - December 2017
- Why Invest Internationally Now - October 2017
- Seeking Growth Through Innovation - September 2017
Jamie Cuellar, BUFSX co-portfolio manager, discusses his team’s trend-spotting and portfolio-building strategies that have helped the Buffalo Small Cap Fund weather the recent market volatility.
Bill Kornitzer, BUFIX co-portfolio manager, discusses the accelerated pace of the growth of global economies outside the U.S. and why, given where valuations are today, there are many opportunities to invest internationally at this time.
Jamie Cuellar, co-portfolio manager, discusses his team’s analysis of small-cap company valuations and provides several examples of companies that highlight his team’s investment strategy at work.
Diversification does not assure a profit, nor does it protect against a loss in a declining market.
Active investing has higher management fees because of the manager’s increased level of involvement while passive investing has lower management and operating fees. Investing in both actively and passively managed mutual funds involves risk and principal loss is possible. Both actively and passively managed mutual funds generally have daily liquidity. There are no guarantees regarding the performance of actively and passively managed mutual funds. Actively managed mutual funds may have higher portfolio turnover than passively managed funds. Excessive turnover can limit returns and can incur capital gains.
We get to know the companies we invest in and learn how they run their business.
Top-Down & Bottom-Up
We identify Top-Down broad, secular growth trends and search for companies from the Bottom-Up.
We construct our portfolios based on our own proprietary investment strategy.
Sticking to our disciplined investment strategy ensures we maintain a consistent, balanced approach.
Sign Up for Automatic Updates
Stay up-to-date with the most recent media coverage and press releases about the Buffalo Funds.